Post # 899 – October 13, 2021
Thought Leadership Research Results
My colleagues at Thinkers360 announced the release of their 2022 B2B Thought Leadership Outlook Research Report. The purpose of the research was to better understand current and future trends with regard to both thought leadership creators – such as individuals, agencies and brands – and thought leadership consumers; and their plans for 2022.
SOME KEY FINDINGS
• For those consuming thought leadership:
- It’s all about Insight and Relevance – The key is insightful (95%), forward-looking (90%) and relevant (89%) content that’s engaging and impactful.
- Authors (52%), Academics (39%), Influencers (36%) and Consultants (35%) are the primary sources of thought leadership content.
- Building subject matter expertise (84%), informing strategy (82%) and aiding decision making (75%) are the main motivations
• For those creating thought leadership:
- Competitive differentiation (81%), brand perception (80%) and client trust (74%) are the main business benefits of thought leadership content creation.
- 63% consider thought leadership a Top 3 Priority or higher within their sales and marketing strategies for 2022.
Thinkers360 is an opt-in network of the world’s foremost thought leaders — including academics, advisors, analysts, authors, consultants, executives, influencers and speakers — with over 100M followers on social media combined.
As I was involved in the initial development of the survey questions and the promotion of this research, I’m pleased to share a copy of the survey results here - https://files.constantcontact.com/fb719862701/414cb19b-9930-4eb1-a396-53b23faeda39.pdf