Post # 953
Where Leadership Training Falls Short!
To be very specific, here are SEVEN distinct shortcomings I hear about and personally observe where I have to conclude that leadership training is all too often, an unfortunate waste of money. Fortunately, all of them can be corrected:
1. Training that has no connection to the job responsibilities
2. Training that’s too theoretical
3. Training not focused on behavior
4. Training that doesn’t address real-world issues participants are facing
5. Training that is only for the newest leaders
6. Training compressed into snack-sized portions
7. Training with no action element
Naturalist William Henry Hudson once observed: “You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren.” Along that same theme, I fear that far too many leadership training efforts are theoretical, don’t address or change behavior, with content that is poorly delivered, and WITHOUT an action element integrated into the firm.
Read the entire article on Legal Evolution: